Selling vehicles with Auction Central™ is a quick & simple process. Feel free to watch our 2-minute Seller Tutorial below, where we give you the rundown of everything you need to know on how to post, counter & sell a vehicle on our platform.
If you aren't already signed up with us, you can Register Here for free. We'll need some documents such as your dealers license & tax certificate.
Contact Your Representative
- To get started, you can contact your account representative or give us a call at 518-501-1000 to let us know you’re ready to list some vehicles.
Schedule an Appointment
- We’ll set up a time to come and complete our condition reports for each vehicle. It usually takes us about 25-30 minutes per vehicle but all we need is the keys!
- Once the report is complete, a member of our arbitration team will do a second check, and then approve the report.
Review Our Report
- You'll review our report in the Auction Central App by going to Dealership (the Person Icon) and selecting the appropriate vehicle in the pending tab. Vehicles with an exclamation mark are ready for your review.
Fill Out The Required Information
- Select how you'd like to be paid, complete the dealer attestation & set your reserve price.
- Our team will do one final check, and approve your vehicle for auction! Now your vehicle will be added to the next available auction run list.
Sit Back & Relax
- Once your vehicle is added to the Run List, you can sit back and relax until post auction.
- Once the Run List is generated (morning of each auction), you can view what time it will run by going to Auctions - Run List & filter "My Vehicles".
- If you would like to watch your vehicle, along with other vehicles, run live, you can go to Auctions - Live & filter"My Vehicles".
- Once the vehicle completes its run, it will appear in the Auctions- Ended section. If your vehicle received an offer, but it was below your reserve, your vehicle will enter closed negotiations for 3 hours. Here, you and the high bidder can attempt to negotiate a deal. There will be three opportunities for the high bidder & seller to counter. After the 3 hours of closed negotiations, anyone is able to place an offer at any time before the next auction.
- At this time and moving forward, you will counter/accept offers in the Auctions-Ended Tab (Filter "My Vehicles").
Open Bidding (Auction-Ended)
- If a deal was not made in closed negotiations, or if a vehicle did not receive any offers, it will remain in the Auction-Ended section for anyone to bid on before the next auction. You will be able to continue to counter or accept an offer until the next Run List is generated
Accepting an Offer & Receipt of Bill of Sale
- When you finally sell your vehicle by accepting an offer, or receiving an offer above your reserve, you’ll be able to view the official bill of sale in the dealership section under “sold" (one will be automatically sent to the email(s) on file as well.
- You will be contacted by a transportation representative to schedule pickup for the vehicle.
Transfer of Title
- You must send the vehicle title to Auction Central™: 625 Watervliet Shaker Rd, Latham, NY 12110
- When we receive the title, we will pay you through the method you selected earlier (ACH or Check).
Feel free to contact us with any questions!